Symphonic Distribution is one of the leading independent digital music distributors to stores such as iTunes, Beatport, Amazon, and more. We provide our clients, independent artist and record labels, access to hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world, and created unique opportunities for them to exploit their music and generate more revenue from it.
We are looking for passionate individuals who are interested in joining our Artist & Label Services team as an intern.
- identify priority releases from Symphonic’s catalog and recommend for pitching to digital service providers, blog editors, third-party websites, user-generated playlist makers for services such as Apple Music, Spotify, and more.
- Keep abreast of all industry developments and music business marketplace be ready to utilize this knowledge in your day-to-day work
- Assist in the development of marketing campaigns, plans, and strategies for Symphonic Distribution artists and record labels.
Skills & Requirements
- Exceptional organizational, written and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of marketing, playlists and digital service providers
- Fan of music with demonstrable knowledge of artists and the basic understanding of music business concepts.
- Flexible availability and quick turnaround times
- Must be able to receive college credit from a College or University
- Hard-working but also easy going, with the ability to establish solid relationships within a small office
- Ability to work in from our Brooklyn, NY office
Nice to have
- Fun attitude
- Cat aficionado
All positions are currently unpaid, however, this is a wonderful opportunity to gain experience in the music industry.
All interested candidates can apply by sending resume and cover letter to:
Director of Marketing