Symphonic Distribution – a rapidly growing, technology-focused provider of digital music distribution and related services – is looking to expand its in-house marketing team with a New York-based Label & Artist Marketing Specialist.
The role will provide enhanced support to distributed record labels and artists.
Symphonic was founded in 2006 and now serves over 13,000 record labels and direct artists worldwide, delivering music to streaming and download platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music/iTunes, Beatport, TIDAL, Pandora, Amazon and more.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the development, creation, and execution of marketing campaigns, plans, and strategies for Symphonic Distribution artists and record labels.
- Identify priority releases and pitch to digital service providers, blog editors, third-party websites, user-generated playlists, and more in order to achieve feature placements.
- Conduct periodic strategy calls with digital service providers for the purpose of pitching and discussing updates from record labels and artists.
- Advise clients in an ongoing basis on their digital strategy; best practices, release scheduling, budgeting, highlighting current trends to drive awareness and traffic. The Specialist, Label & Artist Marketing will further invigorate clients and work with sales to pitch creative and marketing services on an as-needed basis
- Conducting market research and analyzing sales data to identify new potential revenue opportunities
- Manage Marketing support inquiries via our Help Center (Zendesk) on a daily basis
- Keep abreast of all industry developments and music business marketplace be ready to utilize this knowledge in your day-to-day work and advice to labels via blog content, podcasting and more.
- Participate and represent Symphonic in industry-specific trade shows, events and/or conferences
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the music industry/marketing
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High level of computer skills including: MS Office, GoogleDrive and Dropbox
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Huge music fan, awareness of music business marketplace
All interested candidates can apply by sending resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.